Directions to the Thursday
Night Contra Dance
Glenside Memorial Hall, Glenside, PA
(Waverly Rd. and Keswick Ave, Glenside, PA)
Take I-95 North into Penna. to exit 7, and get on I-476 North.From Northeast Philadelphia:
Take I-476 approx. 20 miles to the PA Turnpike (I-276), and get on the Turnpike going EAST.
Then follow the directions above, "From central New Jersey..."
Take Rt 73 West (Cottman Ave.) to Jenkintown where it turns left (onto Washington Lane).
Instead of turning left, go straight, staying on Township Line Road.
Take this to traffic light at Summit Avenue, and turn left, go over the train tracks to another light...
· ...and turn right onto Glenside Avenue.
Take Glenside approx. 3/4 mile to Keswick Ave. and turn left.
Go approx. 1/4 mile to stop sign at Waverly Road. The Hall is on your left. For parking, continue through intersection and park along the street or in the library lot.
From other points in Philadelphia:
• Get onto Lincoln Drive going north (away from Center City) and proceed to the traffic light at W. Mt. Pleasant Ave (CVS pharmacy on the corner). If you got on the Drive from City Ave/Kelly Drive, that's about 3.5 miles.
• Turn right on W. Mt. Pleasant and go about 0.4 miles to the light at
• Turn left on Germantown Ave. and take the 2nd right onto E. Mt. Airy Ave.
• Stay on Mt. Airy Ave. (it changes name to Wadsworth) for 2 miles where it will cross Cheltenham Ave. (major intersection) and change name to Easton Rd.
• Continue on Easton Rd nearly 1 1/2 miles to the light at Waverly Rd, and turn right.
• Go 2 short blocks to Keswick Ave. The Hall is on the far left corner of this intersection.
• For parking, turn right and park along the street or in the library lot.
To alleviate the parking crunch around the Glenside Memorial Hall and adjacent facilities, Cheltenham Township is directing all users of the Hall (that's us) to park in the Glenside Library lot, which is just across the intersection from the Hall. It is also OK to park along Waverly St. across from the Hall. The Township asks that we not park along either side of
Keswick Ave. so that those spaces can be used by residents and users of the adjacent recreation facilities.
maintain good relations with our neighbors and the Township (which is kind enough
to rent the Hall to us), and to help insure our continued use of the Hall, the
Dance Committee urges all dancers to cooperate.
Thursday Night Dance Committee
Click here to view a map of the major highways into Philadelphia.
Click here to view a map of the general routes mentioned in the directions above into Glenside.
Click here to view a Glenside neighborhood map of the hall and its location.
Click here to view a close-up map of the immediate neighborhood around the hall.
Public Transportation to Glenside Hall
Train: R5 Doylestown, stopping at Glenside Station (Easton Rd & Glenside Ave.)
Bus: Route 22, which runs along Easton Rd.
For scheduling information, and phone numbers to call, visit SEPTA (Southeastern PA Transportation Authority):
The Thursday Night Contra Dance Page
The Third Saturday Contra Dance Page