are the Articles of Incorporation that will be filed with the PA Department
of State to form a non-profit corporation <http://www.dos.state.pa.us/corps/cwp/view.asp?a=1093&q=431294> . The
first 8 articles come from the standard form provided by the state. The
last 3 articles represent the applicable resolutions approved by the
community meeting on December 7, 2006. Comments on these articles
should be sent to Chris Deephouse <email@example.com>. The
Steering Committee will review all comments at its meeting on January
PENNSYLVANIA DEPARTMENT OF STATE
Articles of Incorporation-Nonprofit
Domestic Nonprofit Corporation (§ 5306)
Address where this form will be returned:
Donna E Hunt
1300 Bergan Road
Oreland, PA 19075
In compliance with the requirements of the applicable provisions (relating
to articles of incorporation generally), the undersigned, desiring to incorporate
a nonprofit corporation, hereby state that:
- The name of the corporation is Philadelphia Area Traditional Music
- The address of this corporation’s current registered office in this
1300 Bergan Road, Oreland, PA 19075 in Montgomery County.
- The corporation is incorporated under the Nonprofit Corporation Law of
1988 for the purpose of: Promoting knowledge of and participation in traditional
music and dance in the Philadelphia area by sponsoring workshops, dances,
and other events that offer musicians, dancers, and teachers the opportunity
to teach, learn, perform, and participate.
- The corporation does not contemplate pecuniary gain or profit, incidental
- The corporation is organized on a non-stock basis.
- The incorporators constitute a majority of the members of the committee
authorized to incorporate by a vote of the Thursday Night Dance Community
in Glenside, PA, on Thursday, December 7, 2006.
- The names and addresses of the incorporators are:
Stephen Blum, 7717B McCallum St., Philadelphia,
Donna E. Hunt, 1300 Bergan Road, Oreland PA 19075
Carl Peridier, 303 Essex Court, Lansdale, PA 19446
Mel Novner, 7413 Germantown Ave, Philadelphia,
Jess Purvis, 149 Cricket Ave #3, Ardmore, PA 19003
Stephen Shelly, 348 Drummers Lane, Wayne, PA 19087
Sterle Wallace, 1500 Little Conestoga Rd, Glenmoore,
- The effective date of incorporation is January 1, 2007
- The non-profit corporation shall, upon acceptance of its articles of incorporation
by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, become the successor to the Thursday
Night Dance Community and may make use of its name and assume ownership of
- The present members of the Steering Committee of the Thursday Night Dance
Community shall be the initial incorporators of the new corporation. Their
terms of office on the Board of the new corporation shall be the same as
their terms on the Steering Committee.
- The corporation shall be a membership corporation. The members of
the corporation shall elect the members of the Board. Any person who
participates in the activities of the corporation may sign up to be a member. The
Board shall provide reasonable opportunities for participants to sign up
and renew their membership throughout the year. The Board shall set a cut
off date for signing up to participate in an election. This cut off
date shall be not more than one month prior to the start of the election.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, the incorporators have signed these Articles of Incorporation
______ day of ______________________, 2006.